Sunday 23 November 2014

Simon Poggi personal statement
As a relatively social individual I find that film is a common interest to every one of all ages whether it be a Disney or a Tarantino there is something to be enjoyed by everyone. I would love to deepen my knowledge within film so that I can devlop this into a career.
Films are a diverse way to visually communicate and act as a portal of imagination, It allows the viewer to absorb into their own interpretation of the film and distance themselves from reality.  Films are also a way to communicate globally as the same film will be viewed across the world, Which I think makes it a powerful subject. I desire to study film at university as I believe it brings people together while using other sources of media such as music and art. Films have been my hobby for years and after looking into careers I realised I could put my passion into a career and I believe that by studying this course it will allow me to do so. By attending higher education it will not only open many opportunities within my chosen career which will be an advantage, but will also open my eyes to a completely different social scene with diverse people, and a mature lifestyle which I believe will enhance my life experience. 
Whilst studying Media GCSE, I noticed I gained an interest in anyalising key scenes from Television programmes, films and commercials. From learning what mis-en-scene, non/diegetic sound and lighting is and how it can completely transform a scene to convey meaning to the audience. It gave me the basic knowledge to understand how to set a scene up by knowing what appropriate sound/music to have, what settings and props are usually linked with the genre to ultimately understand what makes a scene. With knowing i want to enlargen my knowledge of film I took AS film studies as it was the more specific subject for me. Whilst analysing key scenes of movies I chose to study in depth, I found myself facinated on how much I can alaylise scenes minute by minute and how many things actually matter in the scenes.
- I often hear refrences to movie trademarks such actor look alikes and quotes which demonstrates how film is loved by its audience.
Whether it be an actor or a storyline I hear references used my a range of different peoplein day to day life
-excitement for new films cinemas
-previews events related to film
-heres johnny premier inncc
- bubba gump 
- universal, Disney, studios
-oscars
For my career I am particularly interested in becoming a director…
Asset to uni because- open minded 



I want to study film in higher education as I believe I already know more than an average person my age but because I want to fill my brain with entire knowledge of film and film making to then become a film maker. As I started getting more interested in film and what happens behind the camera, I started watching films from another viewpoint. I learnt that a lot of directors are actually auteurs as their film’s consist of the re-occurring themes, camera shots, music and all have the same style as their other films. 

-why do you love film

-What makes you so sure that film is what you want to study?

-who are you influence that inspired you into doing film at uni?

-why film of all subject why not media, art or science?

-how does film make you feel when studying it

-what have you done to work towards your carrier as a film director
-what will you do to be successful in becoming a film producer

No comments:

Post a Comment