Sunday 2 November 2014

For my project in photography i have decided to base it on architecture because after looking at different photographers i found that i was interested in buildings and how they are able to completely change an image. I then developed this idea by looking at old buildings and comparing them to new. I decided to base my shoots in London as its famous for its buildings and city scales, and people travel across the world just to see it for its history which is portrayed through its architecture but by adding modern buildings are we losing the traditional image that its known for?

Battersea  Power station 
Battersea Power Station is a decommissioned coal-fired power station located on the south bank of the River Thames, in Battersea. I chose to focus on it as I believe it is one of London's' most iconic monuments but also one of London's most important monument. The power station has become a visual icon as it has been used in many popular culture references such as The Beatles film , 'help' and Pink Floyd's 'Animal' album cover, which reinforces it being a british icon as both of those group bands are english. But one of the reasons I've made an interest in Battersea Power station is because it links with my question about modern architecture as next to the power station, plans to build modern apartments are already mid way in process. I thought this was interesting as the power station is now seen with cranes and a building site. This was perfect in showing traditional against contemporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment